Lollypop, a GNOME Music Player
Lollypop, a superb looking GNOME Music Player, in the works for well over a year, and it already looks and works amazing.
Artist bio, lyrics
- Get artist biography from Wikipedia and Last.fm. Read lyrics from Wikia.
Cover art downloader
- Automatic artwork downloader from Last.fm, iTunes, Spotify.
- Walk through your collection by genres, artists and albums artwork.
- Sync your music with Android phones and any mtp devices…
- Search in your collection by artist, album and title. You can then play searched items, add them to the queue or to a playlist.
- The queue is a source designed to temporarily store the next tracks you want to play.
- Visual access from your couch
- Native replay gain support.
- Let lollypop play music for you.
To install Lollypop it's as easy as adding a PPA, refreshing your sources list, and install the
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gnumdk/lollypop
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install lollypop
Note: under Ubuntu 14.04 - Trusty Tahr -, at startup, Lollypop crashes. Here is the bug report to keep an eye on it: Issue #427
According to the Lollypop developer, Lollypop is not compatible with Ubuntu Trusty Tahr.
Not compatible with Ubuntu 14.04 (Do not handle an essential widget) - gnumdk (Cédric Bellegarde), Lollypop crashes under Ubuntu 14.04 · Issue #427 · gnumdk/lollypop
Just in case you want the latest and greatest, here is how to compile Lollypop under Ubuntu:
The following dependencies need to be satisfied before you can compile Lollypop:
- gir1.2-gstreamer-1.0 (Debian)
- intltool (make)
- itstool (make)
- python (make)
- python-pylast >= 1.0
Here are some of the packages for debian based distros:
sudo apt-get install autoconf libglib2.0-dev intltool yelp-tools libgirepository1.0-dev libgtk-3-dev
- git clone https://github.com/gnumdk/lollypop.git
- cd lollypop
- sudo make install
Developer from Lollypop advices to wait for next LTS.
Not compatible. Wait for next LTS - gnumdk (Cédric Bellegarde), Compile error: syntax error near unexpected token `disable-static · Issue #428 · gnumdk/lollypop