Howto install the latest codelite in Ubuntu
Codelite is a open-source IDE for C languages, that works on Windows(xpsp3/7/8) Linux(Debian/Fedora/OpenSUSE) Mac osx(10.5.8), and FreeBSD. They dont provide a installer for FreeBSD, but you can get one from freshports.
If you are running 12.04(Precise pangolin) u may have noticed some issues with dependencies  . U need to download them manually first. Press CTRL-ALT-DEL on your keyboard. And copy paste the codes one by one.
The first two lines of codes, downloads the dependencies .deb files, and the last two installs the downloaded .deb files.
Note: the deb files are for i386 systems! If you have a 64bit system, rename the i386 with amd64.
- wget https://ubuntu.intergenia.de/ubuntu//pool/universe/t/tiff3/libtiff4_3.9.7-0ubuntu1_i386.deb
- wget https://nl.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/j/jbigkit/libjbig0_2.0-2ubuntu1_i386.deb
- sudo dpkg -i libjbig0_2.0-2ubuntu1_i386.deb
- sudo dpkg -i libtiff4_3.9.7-0ubuntu1_i386.deb
Note: The deb files are for i386 systems! If you have a 64bit system, replace the i386 with amd64 when downloading.
In my test these are not needed anymore in trusty.
Update: - Links are now dead
By installing codelite we can use a repository for 12.04/12.10/13.04/13.10. Debian squeeze - wheezy are also supported.
- sudo apt-add-repository "deb https://repos.codelite.org/ubuntu/ $(lsb_release -sc) universe"
- sudo apt-key adv --fetch-keys https://repos.codelite.org/CodeLite.asc
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install codelite wxcrafter
after that, you will have it working on, either 14.04/12.04/12.10/13.04.
Note: Not all distros have the latest codelite: Precise: 5.4-1
Note: saucy currently sports the 2.8v(crashes when trying to close)