Clonezilla backup and recovery
Clonezilla is a Free and Open Source Software for Disk Imaging and Cloning utility. Like Norton ghost but free!
Here is a step by step tutorial on how to backup and recover with clonezilla. We will make a clone from one partition to another but only as an image file. If you don't have a second partition please download Partition wizard if you have Windows XP. If you have Windows vista/7/8 you can resize/create/format from the disk management.
- Clonezilla supports the following file-system's
- VMWare ESX:
Silent cloning is supported. One image to multiple devices is supported. The images can be on a local disk/ssh server/Samba server, or NFS. For a more detailed featured list, see: Clonezilla.org.
Here is a step by step guide, follow it:
- boot from the CD
- Start the defaults settings (clonezilla live)
- Choose the language you want English/Dutch/France etc. .. etc. ..
- In the next window select
Don't touch keymap(which is the QWERTY keyboard selection window.)
start_clonezilla Start Clonezilla(to start GUI clonezilla, the other option is cli.)
device-imagemeans partition/HD to image. Would you like Disk/Partition to disk/partition select
device-devicefor this tutorial choose
- For cloning you should choose where you want to save image clone or a previous made backup to read/set back.
- Now we have a (ext-)HD/partition mount as /home /partimag so we can read or save in /home /partimag
- Select which folder to clone the image to
- Choose the mode that you want to run the wizard. Beginner... for beginners. Experts... for experts
- Choose how you want to clone HDD (Hard Disk Drive)
partition to image(or restore from a previous backup made)
- Choose the name of the folder of your image that you will make. (if you have selected HD/partition to image)
- Select the source partition to store
- You can choose the image to check after making the clone.
- You will be notified if you really want to continue type in y for yes and a moment later you're done.
This is a step-by-step video tutorial. Follow carefully and all will end well!