Fix the Linux kernel power issue
I am sure you have noticed when working on a laptop, you take out the adapter an immediately you get a battery almost empty message-box. well this is a guide to fix just that.
First thing to do is, open up gnome-terminal, copy paste this in gnome-terminal
sudo gedit /etc/default/grub, if you did that, find the following line of code
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash" and replace it whit this line of code:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash pcie_aspm=force" then run
sudo update-grub in the gnome-terminal, and reboot you computer.
Here are some more tweaks to Extend the battery life of intel linux notebooks
- omgubuntu.co.uk: Linux power regression + overheating problem on ThinkPad [fixed?]
- phoronix.com: A Proper Solution To The Linux ASPM Problem
- askubuntu.com: How do I add pcie_aspm=force to my boot options?
- webupd8.org: Linux Kernel Power Issue / Overheat Workaround
- acces.radhat.com: 3.7. Active-State Power Management